Welcome to the iJourno project. Here is a selection of work created by the iJourno teams across Greater Manchester since January 2005. Each week, groups of young people work with journalist Alison Barton to write, edit and publish their own work. If you would like to take part or would like more information email al_barton1979@yahoo.co.uk

Sunday, April 23, 2006

The bullies


I wake up Monday morning,
And fear walking through the classroom door,
I'm scared the bullies will take my books,
And then just throw them on the floor!

As I walk down the school corridor,
I try to ignore their looks but they see me,
And approach me,
And then steal all my books!

Bullies are quite clever, They wait till I am free
There's never anyone around,
When they are bullying me!

I am so scared and unhappy,
And I don't know what to do,
I put off going to school,
By telling mum I've got the flu!

My friends tell me to say something,
That way I can gain,
By getting rid of all this fear,
And feeling no more pain!

At last I told my mum,
And she went into school,
The teachers said I should have told them before
Instead of acting like a fool!

Things are getting better now,
And I'm actually enjoying school,
If the bullies try to start on me,
I walk away and keep my cool!

Author: Sammie Banks
Bolton iJourno group

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home